Carrie started her tenure with Associated Publications, Inc. as a freelancer in October 2009, writing for two national newsstand beauty magazines: Sophisticate’s Black Hair Styles and Care Guide and Sophisticate’s Hairstyle Guide.
In January 2010, Carrie was offered a full-time position as assistant editor. She was quickly promoted and left the company in July 2012 with the title of associate editor. Her duties included but were not limited to…
• Managing a team of assistant editors and freelance writers.
• Interviewing celebrities and beauty professionals.
• Coordinating layouts and photo shoots.
• Managing the archive library, social media outlets and Web content.
• Serving as a liaison between advertising and editorial.
• Organizing materials and coordinating events for annual trade shows.